RoadPro RPIC-1291 12-Volt Digital Compass with Temperature, Voltage Meter and Ice Alert:
Calibration Instructions For The RPIC-1291 Compass
- Plugs Into Your Cigarette Lighter Socket
- Cardinal and Numeric Digital Direction Reading
- Outside Sensor with 10' Cable
- Inside and Outside C°/F° Temperature Reading
- Digital Voltage Meter and Battery Level Indicator
- Alert Warns Driver of Black-Ice" Road Conditions by Alarm & Flashing LEDs
- Includes One "CR2032" Lithium Battery
- Adhesive Hook'n Loop Tape for Mounting
To calibrate your RPIC-1291, Compass with Ice Alert:Find a location where it will be safe to make a U-turn (an empty parking lot is ideal). Park the vehicle away from other vehicles, leaving the engine running. Switch on all electrical accessories that are normally used (heating fan, radio, etc.).
Press and hold the reset button for 3 seconds (cardinal points, numeric digits and the word "CAL" will flash) wait 5 seconds to avoid initial, unstable condition then immediately begin driving the vehicle slowly in a circle. Complete at least one full 360 degree circle while the flashing "CAL" is displayed. After approximately 10 seconds the flashing "CAL" will disappear and the cardinal points and the numeric digits will stop flashing. The calibration of the compass is now completed. Check that the compass is providing readings that appear to be correct.
For best results mount the outside sensor probe either under the front bumper or in the front door frame 2 inches under the hinge. Mount the inside unit away from electronics, such as speakers, and out of the sun.
The switch to change from Celsius to Fahrenheit is in the battery compartment under the battery."